Amb. Khalilzad will stay in Kabul to further discuss the peace process. Afg. Govt has a strong will for peace.
– Progress has been made in determining the negotiating team. We hope to complete the negotiating team in the near future. This team will be compact and inclusive.
– Afghan government is committed to the peace process. The Afghan people wants the government to lead this process. Ending the conflict is a top priority for the Afghan President.
– The peace process will not undershadow the election process. The election has its own calendar. The peace process is continuous process.
– We have not witnessed any action from Pakistan in relation to Afghan Peace yet. In the last 18 years, Pakistanis have always made commitments, but have never taken a step.
– Pakistani leaders have committed in the United States to change their policies towards Afghanistan. We hope Pakistan stops supporting the Taliban, and force the Taliban to join the peace process.
– The Taliban’s honeymoon must come to an end. Taliban leaders are staying on Qatar and Pakistan, and they continue to kill innocent people here in Afghanistan. Taliban leaders in Qatar and Pakistan are enjoying honeymoon.
– We call on the United States, our internatiknal allies and regional countries to put pressure on the Taliban and their leaders in Qatar to stop the war and stop the killing of innocent people.
– Our only demand from Pakistan is to stop supporting the terrorist groups, especially the Taliban. If Pakistan is not able to do so in spite of its commitments to United States, the world should seriously notice this. We demand continued pressure on Pakistan.